Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Cheat Day

One of the best things about Valentine's day is probably the dinner and maybe chocolate. Am I focusing on these things because I get one cheat day a week to enjoy whatever I would like, maybe. But when saving for trips and paying grad school tuition for two, it is nice to have an excuse to say, let's have a special night out. I know most people consider it a "Hallmark Holiday" and it probably is, but special menus, an excuse to get dressed up, and chocolate are three things that are near and dear to me. So last night, I threw on some leggings (it's still February here people), a comfy dress (it's got to have give if I'm going out to eat), and my boots and we hit the town. First stop, Serious Chocolate. My aunt's chocolate shop always has some great sweets and it was cheat day and Valentine's Day Weekend, so I wanted to get some chocolate! For dinner we went to Teller's Chophouse. With the complimentary gift cards they sent to me and my mom, we turned a rather expensive dinner into a slightly more affordable one. So worth it. Definitely one of the top five meals I've ever had. The pièce de résistance was the lobster, no the dessert, no the lobster, no the dessert... ok it was a tie. The lobster and shrimp in the surf and turf for two we go we poached in a Riesling butter sauce. What? My favorite wine and butter combined with delicious shellfish? Bring it! Dessert for me was their chocolate dipped strawberries and toasted coconut truffles. Normally, I am not a big chocolate covered strawberries kind of gal, but one bite and I was hooked. And those truffles. Anyway.... enough about the food, I have definitely figured out what the best part was: the company. My husband has a knack for knowing how to make a girl feel special. They don't call it wining and dining for nothing. However, even the cuddling on the couch in pjs after was quite nice. Especially with a couple pieces of chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment