Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting back in the swing of things...

Wow, has it really been almost 5 months since my last post? The hubby and I are on a diet that I think I am terrible at, mostly because I am not supposed to have carbs and I sometimes have breaded chicken or a little tiny bit of cheese. Both are big no-no's. But alas I am eating better than I was, going to the gym (I squated 135 on Tuesday! Two times!!), and still balancing two grad classes and full time work, and home life. Home life involved a lot of homework since G and I are both taking grad classes this semester. But I have some trips coming up and I am super pumped. Fallingwater in April for my 27th birthday and Austin for Memorial Day weekend!

Fallingwater has falling water... get it?

G and I really want to go to Europe before we start a family, but just looking at the prices of flights to London, where we would have a place to stay in England, are insane. If we cannot get to Europe in 2012, I hope to go to Niagara Falls for our anniversary. Maybe that will help us save up money for a trip in 2013.

I have to admit that I have had babies on the brain lately. I can vaguely see the light at the end of my HEA MA tunnel. We are so lucky to have a house and steady jobs. I never expected to get this lucky. But alas, I know I must wait. I want to give any additions to the family the most attention and best chance and I know getting my Master's is the way to do that. I want to know that I did the best start to my career before we add babies into the picture. I can only imagine how hard it will be to have two full time working parents and babies. I go back and forth about being nervous about being able to afford to give our family the best of everything and wanting everything right now. I had a string of bad bad bad babysitters growing up. And if the babysitter wasn't bad, their kids were. Finding good care for a baby who is your life is expensive and stressful and I don't even have kids. Okay, now I need to stop over-thinking and remind myself that I have 300 pages of reading to do by Monday that I have not started.

So I will get back to work and leave you with these pictures of my adorable dogs, Benny and Olive (a.k.a. Big Ben and Munchables)...





1 comment:

  1. Olive looks really depressed in the 2nd to last pic. Like "Fine....I guess I will have to lay down right here. Sigh."

    also, bad blogger! 5 months is too long! Beanie needs things to read at work! <3

    ReplyDelete