Monday, February 13, 2012

Tips, changes, and loves

One of my guilty pleasure's is StumbleUpon. It is a great way to waste your life away on the internet. I barely get to use it between work, school, and hug time with the husband and puppies. But once in a while I stumble my way through life on the internet and find fun picture and anecdotes. One time I stumbled on some tips and I wanted to highlight my favorites and one I want to try:

Newspaper Weeds-Away
Start putting in your plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet newspapers, put layers around the plants overlapping as you go, cover with mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening plastic, they will not get through wet newspapers.

No More Mosquitoes
Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.

Reheat Pizza
Heat up leftover pizza in a non-stick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy.

I was also looking through blogs trying to read into other people's life to see if everyone has issues like me and remind myself why I need to enjoy the little moments in life right now.


Speaking of which, somethings I would like to change about myself:
  • I focus on the negative too much. And far too often it is at home.
  • I am quite addicted to technology. I know when we have a family I will be forced to change this.
  • Too often I think about the future or past and forget to enjoy little moments.
  • I am trying to look better and eat better. I am not losing weight the way I want to, but I am also allowing myself modifications and I think these are keeping me from getting desired results... stupid love of cheese.
Now that I have put so many negative things out into the universe, let's focus on some positive.
Random things I love:
  • I love the Daily Show.
  • I love lunches with my husband.
  • I love movies.
  • I love chicken tenders.
  • I love cute things.
  • I love the stupid silly talk my husband and I use with each other. It is embarrassing when we accidentally use it in public, but we have each other, so whatever.
  • I love candles.
  • I love my music playlists. They have more impact on my mood than almost anything else. (If you have Spotify and want to check out what I am listening to, I just ask you not to judge.)
  • I love trips.
  • I think I have been on a good path of maturity. This does not mean I am mature.
  • I love SNL, New Girl, Up All Night, Modern Family, and way too many more tv shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment