Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reducing our carbon footprint!

Today we filled out the paperwork to apply for the Green Homes and Go Solar programs. The Green Homes program would use $7,000 in federal grants to help us make our home more Green with things like insulation and we would pay the remaining $3,000 over 5 years. It's a first come, first serve basis. The Go Solar program would install solar panels on our roof to reduce our energy bill and electricity consumption. It is a lottery, so we won't know til June. I think Gordon is more interested in the solar panels, and I think I am too. We'll see what happens. Either would be great.

Tomorrow I am going into the city with Kristine and Kristen so Kristine can interview at NBC (good luck, Kristine!) and Kristen and I can catch up with friends and shopping. I am excited to see my former coworkers and hopefully get some lunch at The Frying Pan. Then we will catch up with Roxie and Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment