Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cake Tasting in the New Millenium!

Picture explanation: Bags A, B, and C are coconut frosting. The bags below are chocolate frosting. The little bag in the middle is coconut shaving. The bag under the yellow letter is the cake bits.

So as you probably know, my sister Meghan (savingintherain.com) is baking our cake. It's going to be a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting on the inner layers and coconut frosting on the outside with coconut shavings. Since she lives in Washington and won't be here before the wedding, she sent us "cake tasting in a bag". Can I just say, it looks delicious. The cake is soft and there are three different coconut frostings for us to try and three different chocolate frostings to try (ranging from milk chocolate to dark chocolate). This may be the best part of the wedding planning.

In other wedding planning news, the future MIL ordered some vines for the arbor we're getting married under and flowers and plants to put in this weekend at Jeff's house. I put down a deposit for the food and will be getting a rental memo about the dinnerware via email soon (I hope). This weekend or next we will hopefully put down our deposit for the tents and tables and chairs.

Also in planinning news (wow, a lot has been going on this week), I found out that the place I was look to get my hair and makeup done is faaaar too expensive. So my trusty and amazing wedding coordinator, code name Beanie, has been calling salons closer to the wedding site for prices and locations, so we can check them out in a few weeks. I'm hoping by making it more affordable, that more of my bridal party will go with me.

I am getting very excited about everything. I really hope it turns out to be the beautiful garden wedding it seems to be coming along as. And I am so grateful to the people who have been so helpful with money, time, and patience.

1 comment:

  1. I like that I have a code name. It makes me feel like a spy

    ReplyDelete