Saturday, May 22, 2010

Plants

Today we (and by we, I mean Gordon, Kate, John, Beryl, and Jeff and briefly Ed) planted the plants around the area of Jeff's property where we're going to have the ceremony. Kate got some beautiful plants from Daisy Gardens in Bayport. I got there just as they were about to put the mulch down. Then we went out to eat where we always go to eat when we go to Locust Valley, The American Cafe in Glen Cove. The have the best comfort/soul food and dessert.

I had to drive home alone since I went there after work, but I enjoyed it by listening to Laura Marling, Josh Ritter, Margot & the Nuclear So and So's, and ended it with listening to my future wedding song, The Gambler by fun. It actually made me tear up. Sometimes I get frustrated, overwhelmed, and anxious with life, but I have an amazingly blessed life and love.

Right now Gordon and I are going to Hungtington to a friend's sibling's grad party. We went to the same type of event last year. Ah how much has changed in a year.

3 comments:

  1. oh good - pat loves kenny rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice song choice. Also, I got to see Margot and the Nuclear So-and-So's when I went to San Fran last year. They put on a good live show.

    ReplyDelete