Saturday, May 15, 2010

Money Honey

So it doesn't look like we will be able to afford a second photographer, so I guess that's out. This weekend I think Gordon and I are going to look into getting him a new (used) car. His car is definitely on its way out. It's not the most ideal time, money wise, but when is it ever? However, this will mean I get to learn stick on a car that works!

Basically all our purchases are on hold except little things until after the wedding because our money is tied up. I wish deposits didn't exist and I could just pay for the wedding stuff now. We are inviting more people that I thought we would. I wish I could not think about my wedding in terms of money and think about it as the happiest day ever, which it will be.

We will have the rehearsal dinner the night before (9/17) and the bachelorette party the night before that (9/16)., this way Kelly can attend both.

We did clean and refill the hot tub so we can use it tonight. It's really nice out, I wish I was out there enjoying, but I will after 3pm.

I'm thinking about taking a week off this summer and doing something. I can't fly anywhere like I was considering, because I can't really spend money because we still have to pay off our honeymoon. I have 3 weeks vacation time (15 days) that I can start using after July 4. 6 days of it is going to the wedding and honeymoon. We get vacation time for Christmas and Thanksgiving, so I don't need to use it for that. Maybe I'll use some days in the summer and just extend my Christmas vacation. I don't know why I'm rambling about vacation time.

I hear a noise that sounds like my dryer at home, which I had one when I was leaving and so I just assumed that's what it was. Except, I'm not at home. I'm at work. It's still making the noise. Why is my dryer haunting me?

1 comment: