Thursday, March 22, 2012

Let's go see some kids fight to the death...

Hi, I'm almost 27, and I'm obsessed with the Hunger Games...

I mentioned Hunger Games in my last post and I have been reading a lot about the upcoming movie and got a couple friends to read the books. I read them last November and it was what I keep calling "crack lit." Book that aren't like the peek of high brow literature, but you get through them fast and you feel great. (This is in no way promoting crack, nor do I even know what doing crack really feels like, obviously.) As I am reading more articles and getting excited for the movie this weekend, I wonder if I am been childish for getting into such a youth based series and counting down til I get to see the movie (3 days) and rereading the series. I figured that I never tried to side with one of the boys' teams (Peeta vs Gale), mostly because I was so invested in the story of a survivor rebel that Katniss came across as. Plus I do think Jennifer Lawrence is awesome and will rock this role. So my inner book teen nerd thinks this was a very good series and is quite excited to see it in theaters, let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Also we are going to see it on a Sunday night because I don't like screaming teens or waiting on lines and I am hoping that this will work out.

2 comments:

  1. Your outer book grown up nerd can say it was a good series, too. ;-) It would be an honest statement.

    For the record, I do not think it is childish to read/like/get into/get excited for books that are marketed towards a younger audience. It does not make the books any less valuable as books and stories simply because it is marketed for teens/tweens. This is a misconception a lot of adults have about YA literature. People are missing a lot of really great reads simply because the item is in the teen section.

    And also, if we can't get excited about things like books being made into movies, and have anticipation, or geek out over things then being a person (never mind a grown up) would be absolutely no fun, and totally boring.

    so... WHOOOOOO!! HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! I think a lot of books can be cross-listed between "adult" fiction and YA fiction.

      Delete