Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tissues and Napkins

How is it almost August already?? Where did my summer go? I have only been to the beach once and in a pool once, and it was not even my own. Tomorrow is supposed to be 75! That's so cold! And it's going to rain! (That was so much complaining for 6 sentences.) At least the husband and I have plans to go to see Dark Knight Rises tomorrow.

Right now, it looks like my allergies gave me a two day reprieve where I only had a stuffy nose instead of sneezing a million times. I have sneezed 5 times so far this morning. I know, I should make an appointment with an allergy doctor. My fears include the following: the recommendation that I get allergy shots; prescription nose spray (Who likes to put things up their nose and then spray?! It is the worst feeling ever.); or I get another allergy pill that isn't strong enough. I am hoping if I do end up going, that he or she has found some miracle cure in patch form or even magic. I can deal with a magical cure. I am just sick of blowing my nose and having my boss ask me if I am sick every single time, every year, even though I always tell her it is allergies.

Okay, I am pretty sure no one wants to read a whole post about allergies. So I will tell you about last night. G and I made dinner together. It went smoothly and came out pretty delicious.

Look at all those cooking stations!

He let me put on my music and we chatted, then sat down to a nice dinner and talked. This sounds normal except that our usual routine is to eat dinner in front of the tv. It's a habit I am trying to break. I made our dinner a little more fancy by setting the table and adding the roses he sent to my job last week and some candles. The fact that we were wearing pajamas does not take away from the fanciness.

Napkins and everything!

Yes, Benny is there. He was circling the table. Silly pup. After dinner we went upstairs and he read while I played on the computer. I have to say, it was the first day in a long time that we didn't watch tv. I really enjoyed the night.

Tonight we are going out on a date into town. I got a Living Social deal for a wine bar called Bella Vino, though it doesn't cover wine... or alcohol at all. So apps and drinks at Bella and if we are still hungry, we will go to dinner. I love date nights with my hubby. I already have a dress in mind to wear. Sometimes when I am having dinner with my husband or going out on a date, I try to capture the moment mentally because I am crazy and always have a fear that I am not enjoying the moment, which I might regret later. I guess that happens when you lose someone close; afterwards, you want to remember everything you do with the people you love.

In other news, I guest blogged for my close friend LMC yesterday. It's a good read on what she deserves in a man, according to me.

Happy Thursday, my lovely readers! Hooray for summer Fridays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment