Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Fun

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




Tomorrow the husband and I go to his sister's house where his family will gather around a rather large table for Thanksgiving dinner. I am excited but there will be something missing that I will never have with dinner unless I do something about it myself... stuffing. Not just any stuffing. My family's stuffing. Made from crackers, mozzarella, celery, and cooked in a turkey or alone. I never tried making it myself and so last year I resorted to stopping by my aunt's house after dinner to get "dessert" and left over stuff. With my mom's family, it's always a wonder if there is any stuffing left over. We WILL claw your eyes out over this stuff. Especially if it was made in the turkey. Oh man...

Ah hem... anyway, G and I are bringing canned cranberry jelly and pumpkin pie to his sister's. I wish we could bring Benny. He will be so lonely at home without us. But we also plan on giving him a Thanksgiving treat. A nice piece of turkey with his kibble... maaaybe a little gravy. He's a spoiled pup, but we're pretty rigid about the no people food unless it's an egg on Sunday or something special, but it is always in his bowl.

Right now I can hear the heartwarming sounds of Fall... the leaves rustling, Benny playing with an empty can on the bricks, a lawnmower? maybe? or a garbage truck? Who knows, but doesn't it just make you feel all cozy inside?

In other holiday news, I may have started decorating for Christmas. It's the first time I've lived in a house for this time of year in 3 years. Filling a house with decorations I used to fill an apartment did not come out as in-your-face Christmas as I would have liked. We are hopefully getting tree this weekend. I also don't have a lot of ornaments, but those come over time. I think I want to take a picture of the tree and this way every year I can see how it has progressed decorations-wise.

I bought gingerbread bread mix and pumpkin ice cream mix to make some delicious seasonal treats. I also got brownie mix with mint and chocolate chips. I really hope I actually make this stuff instead of letting it sit around. I tend to do things like that. Especially with holiday desserts. I want to make them because I know they would be delicious, then I hesitate because I want to share them, yet I also want to eat the entire creation myself. So I go back and forth on whether or not I should make it for event A because then everyone will eat it and I will have none or should I make it another day for myself and share as I like. OK FINE, I am crazy dessert hoarding lady.. deal with it!

And on that magical note, I am off....

1 comment:

  1. you're definitely crazy but I'm not sure if you are a hoarding lady.

    ReplyDelete