Monday, February 11, 2013

Home and Family

Thanks a lot body. I was a full week late today and starting to accept the fact that I really could be preggers. I knew it was too early to speculate and I decided I would wait til I was a full week late to take a test. So right before I was going to go out and get lunch with the hubby (yay snow days!) and pick up a test, I got it. Of freaking course. I have never been late before more than a day or two. Today I was almost convinced it could be real and started planning home projects. We both tried not to get too excited about it. We have not been trying that long in grand scheme, but every day I was late was so nerve racking. It is impossible for me not to over think things, and especially when it is something I am noticing every day. "Will it come now? I think I got it, no, that wasn't it." It freaking blows. I feel like being a lady blows sometimes. Trying not to get pregnant for so long and then mentally preparing ourselves and then trying. Trying to have a baby is not for the impatient. There is a lot of waiting and hoping. And a lot of disappointment at something that comes every month for many years before you really start caring about it.

Well, every woman who wants kids goes through this and it sucks, but I will suck it up and move forward. I am just so freaking lucky to have the best man in the world doing this with me.

In the meantime, we spent part of today laying out our goals for the year for the house. Repainting the cabinets in the kitchen, painting the counters (it can be done!), tiling or getting laminate for the kitchen floor, wall unit for the living room, painting and staining the molding in the living room, redoing the stairs, and possibly moving the laundry and making it have it's own space in the living room. Also my MIL offered to get us french doors for our living room out to the backyard, which will be an added bonus. I am not sure how we will budget this, but I think we can make it work.

G's choice for new wall unit. I love IKEA.

Update...

New winner.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment