Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Genealogy

I have a new favorite website: https://familysearch.org

So far, I have learned about my Dad's family, which he never talked about. The only thing I knew was his father's first name was Aubert, because that was his middle name. But even with that little bit of knowledge, I found out his parents were Andrea (from Denmark!!) and Lars (from Norway!). LARS! What an awesome name. He was possibly an only child, from what I can tell. Lars was drafted for the WWII, but was 56 at the time, so he likely didn't fight. His parents were both from Norway, so I could trace back my dad's family to Norway. I wonder if they have any records there...

On my mom's side, I learned about my grandmother and grandfather. They're all from NY. (Represent!) I wish I could find information about their grandparents to see what countries they are from. I know Ireland and Germany, but I would love to know who and when. My husband's family on his mother's side is from Hungary. Beyond that we couldn't find too much.

So what did we learn today? What we already know, our kids will never tan and we need to buy stock in SPF 100.

1 comment:

  1. Fun Fact: Most libraries have the international edition of ancestry, but you have to use it on site. You can find out a lot of info though. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete