Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Staycation

I was informed today that I am not doing my staycation right. I have not been taking pictures or blogging or rubbing it in the face of the working folk. So far this staycation has consisted of the following:
Beach on Friday and Sunday. Saturday we went to a minor league baseball game that was followed Grucci fireworks.



And Monday I spent the day making my own scent at Scentsational with my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and her two girls, followed by lunch. That evening, I promptly had a breakdown about how fat I am when I didn't fit into a pair of beach shorts I bought. Today we went to Long Island's sensation for a one day vacation, Splish Splash (get set to get wet!). It was a lot of fun and I realized that I have been every three years for since 2006. So see you in 2015, Splish Splash!

In between all the fun times, we have been catching up on cleaning and other errands. Tomorrow we will rent a tux for a wedding we are going to next week, wash our cars, and go food shopping. I am hoping to make these for my in-laws when/if they come over in the evening:



Thursday our plans involve a vineyard on the North fork, provided it's not pouring out. I have never been to a vineyard and I'm not even a big wine drinker, but I live on Long Island and I am pretty sure you cannot be considered an adult until you do this. I could be wrong though.

6 comments:

  1. Mental note: Never go to a vineyard, and you will remain a Toys R Us kid FOREVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I think its time you shop in the section of target made for adult women and its time for you to visit a winery. You own far too many blazers and pay far too many mortgages to continue playing this I'm-still-a-kid game.. With that being said, lets get slurpees this weekend and eat so much candy that we die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out Shinn Vineyards in Mattituck. That's where my brother's wedding was, the grounds are beautiful and the wine is excellent. If I had checked luggage that trip, I would've bought a couple reds.
    And where the Austin Vacation post? The Ludwig, Julien, & Salomon travel agency could make use of it for performance evaluations and process streamlining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. I have to write it. But it's like a novel in my head. Maybe this was just the push I need.

      Delete