Thursday, August 23, 2012

On the road again...


I did it! I keep my promise, blog readers! I walked to work today. It was very nice until the last 5 minutes which involved walking up hill the stairs, but I powered through! Now, unlike my other walks to work in the past, I don't have a ride home. And it will be in the mid 80s and humid when I leave, but it will feel good!

Sometimes I think Patchogue has its pretty moments, especially through an Instragram filter (Mom, this is a camera filter for iPhones and is what I used to take the above picture). Walking over the bridge over the lake is always my favorite part of the walk. And sitting down at the end, that's my other favorite part. I think if I want to walk to work more, I should find an audiobook to listen to. Any recommendations?

For breakfast I am having a pumpkin spice granola bar from Whole Foods. It's actually quite good and I like knowing that I can recognize each ingredient. Yay organic! I haven't figured out lunch yet though. There is a deli and 7-11 on the corner of this road I might walk to (more walking during lunch?! Lunacy!!). One of the things that helped me get out of bed when my alarm went off instead of laying there with the dogs and my sleepy husband was that I have been so lazy about walking to work. When I worked in the city, I walked from the subway to my job after a 45 minute commute for a mile. The same distance my house is from my job. I feel pretty pathetic sometimes. But now I am spoiled by my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment