Monday, October 25, 2010

Cohabitation and Dogs

Today we brought Benny to the vet and he did very well but might have mange, so he has to get medicine everyday for the next month. But he got his lyme's disease shot and some preventative stuff for heart worm. The thing I like about the vet we took him to is that it is within walking distance of the house. Other than that, there's nothing great or bad about it. But not having to force Benny into the car is good enough for me. He is about half housebroken. Yesterday he peed on the couch Gordon was sitting on, so that wasn't great, but today he sat by the back door until we let him out and then peed out there. So yay! These are things that a married person finds joy in: Not having animals pee on you! And pizza.

So speaking of pizza, today Gordon are attempting one from scratch... kind of. We are using our bread maker to make the pizza dough. We have sauce (not from scratch. I am not Italian and I don't pretend to be.), mozzarella, we're making breaded chicken (yes, we breaded it ourself... not to make it better, but because the chicken we usually get at CostCo, which is prebreaded, we used the last of last night.) and broccoli. That's right people. I'm talking chicken and broccoli pizza here! And we have the airbake pizza pan to cook it on. I have two actually because I put it on my wedding registry and got 2 instead of the 1 I asked for. Whatever. I just use both now. It's really awesome. Seriously, you need one. Or you need to ask for one and get two.

In other news, G and I have been cohabitating for 8 months now and I look forward to cohabitating for a long long time. I feel this article by Michael Ian Black really drives home the best way to make it all work. Here is excellent point Mr. Black makes about expressing one's emotions so they don't get bottled up:

4. If you don’t like what the other person is wearing, cuss them out. That means when you’re about to leave the house and you totally hate the outfit they have on, the right thing to do is say (in a quiet, soothing voice), "What the f*** are you wearing?” Then just stare at them until they change.


I really hope this helps you in your current or future or failed relationships. I know it has helped us.

Now I am going to go get medicine for the dog from the vet then make pizza and watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind with my husband, my dog, and my Beanie who we occasionally feed, entertain, and play with like a dog, but much more housebroken.

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely housebroken. I only peed on your floor once! Take that Benny!

    ReplyDelete