Monday, October 4, 2010

Relaxing Thoughts

I don't write enough, but I don't have a whole lot going on besides work. I think the rain followed us back from Aruba, we have barely had any nice weather. But I have been working so much, I haven't had time to notice. I did get to go to Carnegie Hall for my first opera(s). It was 10 opera shorts including one by the wonderful Marie Incontrera. Her and Roxie wed in June 2011. I am very much looking forward to it.

This week is a bunch of college fairs around Nassau county, which is called a consortium. Saturday I am nerding it up nerd style with my husband at Comic Con in NYC. After which we hope to get drinks and dinner before returning to our suburban life. I miss the city simply because of the time it took me to get home from things like this. Sunday is apple and pumpkin picking with my girls. This will be fun as long as I don't have to wake up too early. Then I have two glorious days off. After going nonstop since this past Saturday, I plan to sleep and watch tv those two days. Maaaaaybe clean (beyond overneeded at this point), but we'll see.

I am still waiting on my pictures from the photographer. I found out that the video that was taken of the wedding has no sound since right before the ceremony the camera fell off the mixing board (still trying not to get upset about it). Once I get the pictures, we can pick one to make our thank you cards from. I say now that I am excited to make my photo albums from the wedding pictures, but once it starts taking a long time, we'll reevaluate.

As you probably know (since I'm pretty sure the only people that read this also have access to my facebook, I cut off all my hair the day after the wedding to a graduated bob with bangs. Well I still like the bangs, but I go back and forth about the cut of my hair. I am never happy with short hair very long, which sucks since it takes so long to grow back out. But I do like how easy it is to style. I should look into that more. Right now it's mostly headbands (see previous post).

Anyway, I am off to start my long day/week (which is really a continuation since I have been working sine Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment