Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Name Game

So over the past week I have been on a change my name on everything possible rampage. First I did it at work as soon as I came back from my honeymoon (though I already had the business cards made up as well as the name plate on my desk). Tuesday I went to the Social Security Administration and waited patiently while the guy next to me kept screaming "B!" since they were mostly focusing on the A's. I was right there along with him, though it was in my head, because I had B316 and they had been on B309 for a good 15 minutes. But once I got up there, because of my anal nature, I had more that enough proof of my name change and I should be receiving a new card in the mail in about 2 weeks. Then it was off to the DMV, which was quicker than I anticipated and cheaper. 30 minutes and $12.50 later, I should be expecting my new license with a new name, photo, address, and signature in the mail in about 2 weeks as well. I was not prepared for the new picture part, but grateful that I took a shower that morning. Though I only had enough energy to blow dry my bangs and put the rest of my hair in a pony tail. It will be an interesting and most certainly embarrassing ID photo, but I guess it looks more like me that my last license where I looked like I was wearing a black wig.


After attaining the important name change documents so that my taxes and my name will all line up in perfect harmony, I went home and instead of making apple pie like I wanted to (which I ended up doing last night), I went to all the websites for companies that have my name and emailed them to tell them to change it. Everything from car insurance and cell phone to electricity and gas. Then yesterday I went to my bank to change my name and order checks, which I haven't had new ones since I was 18. To date, I still use my babies in gardens checks. It will be nice to have ones that have the right name, address, and bank, and look like adult checks. It's a big step in my life.

Another big step in my life as a married lady was making dinner and pie for my husband last night. Maybe this would seem unfeminist of me, but he usually makes dinner and is very good to me and I cook this meal well and that's about all I have going for me food wise. I made turkey meatloaf, cheddar and broccoli rice (from a bag) and extra broccoli mixed in (because the "broccoli" in the cheddar and broccoli rice seems like it's there more for flavor than nutritional value. Then, while the meatloaf was cooking, which takes days (ok, more like an hour, but you get the point), I got the apples, sugar, and graham crackers ready for my first attempt at apple pie. Finally, my husband came home, and helped peel and slice the apples for the pie. The part I was more than excited to avoid. Then while we ate dinner, the pie cooked. It was nice and Gordon was very pleased with the outcome of both the dinner and dessert, but it was a 3 hour process that I don't plan on revisiting everyday.

I would like to add other meals to my cooking repertoire, which pretty much just includes the aforementioned meal, burrito/taco night, bbq chicken, chicken parm, and paninis. All pretty much comfort food. Occasionally G and I make chicken or shrimp in garlic sauce with veggies over jasmine rice. I guess that's healthier. More veggies?

Tonight is date night! This means the Rowes are going out on the town! Dinner! Movie! Sleep! We really live it up.

Tomorrow we might be adding to the family... if it happens I will post so many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment