Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wedding and House Updates

Gordon informed me last night that I haven't updated enough. So basically... here's an update.

We are working on getting our invitations ready to send (they go out in a week and a half). I made a customized Google map to show where the property is, where to park, and where to enter for the wedding. Kristine showed me how to do it a few months ago and I have to say, if people view it, it will be a big help for them. Folding the invitations is taking quite a while. We are 1/3 of the way through but only worked on them one day before it got too tedious. Gordon also bought the groomsmen gifts and we are on our way to getting things done.

In house news, G's friend Ed has been the hero this week. He showed up on Monday to push our shed back to where it should be (if you don't know why it was in the wrong place, let's just say strange things come up when you want to buy a house.... like how far the shed is from the fence). He also filled in our sink holes where the old cesspool was. He said he did this so he wouldn't get drunk and trip in them. And the yesterday he took out our old side fence and replaced it with a huge white one and a fenced in place for the garbage. It's made our backyard even bigger and given us more privacy. I can't wait to get rid of the beach pebbles and put down grass to make it all look even nicer. This weekend G and I have many little things to do like buy grass seed for the newly filled in holes and wall paper adhesive for the new wall paper... and some other things I can't think of.

It is only a 1 day weekend for me since this Saturday is my last working Saturday of the summer. That means I start working Monday through Friday til September except for 7 weeks in July and August in which I only have to work Monday through Thursday. The awesomeness of this is not lost on me. But for now I have to head over to work!

1 comment: