Thursday, April 29, 2010

I can go on tangents like nobody's business

4 months and 19 days til September 18th. I'll stand up in front of over 100 of our closest friends and family and face Gordon and say, Hell yea, let's do this thing.

I moved back to LI when everyone moved away. The word "toxic" was thrown around when referring to living here. After living in Astoria for 3 years, I do feel like I won't learn anything new here, but I will learn what it's like to be a wife and homeowner (so far, so good, and better than paying rent) and long islander (not that I forgot, but it might have slipped my mind).

I watch way too much HGTV, Food Network, and tv in general. I don't walk around and explore new places, because every long island town is pretty much the same. I like living near a main street within walking distance. Planning a wedding that is outdoors is way more expensive and more work than I imagined, and buying a house was stressful and moving in and the first month includes quite a bit of fighting and crying and in the end we have a beautiful (and constantly in progress) home to watch Gilmore Girls.

While the suburban life can be daunting and repetitive and include a lot of accents that make you sound like a idiot who doesn't think before you talk, I am lucky enough to have a great man who I waited a lifetime for and hugs me every night and kisses me every morning (whether I'm up or not). And of course, I'm blessed with a comfy couch and fleece blanket and a large flat screen. So back to my suburban reality... mmm left over gyros for dinner soon (makes me miss Astoria).

4 comments:

  1. this is ridiculously sweet and true. gay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long Island is not toxic. People who think that are dumb.

    You house is awesome, as is your fiance

    woot and monkeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. long island is toxic.
    2. its less toxic when you have a husband and a job-- i imagine.
    3. is it factually correct for you to say that you waited a lifetime for gordon?
    4. does he watch Gilmore Girls with you?

    ReplyDelete