Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Student Status

It's official, or I guess it was official before, but now it's student ID official. I am a grad student. I went down to Stony Brook with my husband to get my ID and find where the best parking for my summer class is. Turns out it is in the middle of campus in a faculty lot that is only effective 9am-4pm. And since my class doesn't begin until 5:30, that works out quite well for me. Parking is very important to me. The campus is huge and they are doing construction in a bunch of places. Now I have my ID (yea, SBU library! I'm looking at you!) and I know where my class is. I have my books, a notebook, and pens. And I have no idea what the program is going to be like since it doesn't even officially begin until the Fall. The past spring semester and this summer semester are kind of early preview semesters. Brand new program, mostly same old me. I am very interested to see how much of my mind I lose taking grad classes, working full time, and working on the house. I hope it will help that the hubby is working on his Masters as well. We can be study buddies... just studying different things. This fall I will be taking a course that's on campus and one online. This will be my first online class ever. I am a bit nervous as the reason why I'm usually a good student is my not taking ability and structure that the class gives me. I'd rather listen and take notes than read any day. I am interested and nervous to see how it goes. Maybe I will make Gordon read me the things I need to learn. He's got nothing going on, right? Oh crap, that' right, his Masters.. how selfish of him.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the lot? Parking at Stony Brook was never fun. I never parked in South P during the Semester, I was against parking then taking a bus. I usually parked in North P and walked 10 minutes to main campus. The best parking was the stadium lot in the center of campus, which I think is doable at nights, I don't remember so don't hold me to that, or you need to get on the waiting list to get a special brown permit to park there. You'll always be night classes though right?

    ReplyDelete