Friday, March 4, 2011

A heart that burns

I know what you're thinking, two posts in two days? (Three if you count the weird one about Lynne that may be as fake as Benny's post.) But I wanted to share a picture from a very good meal I had last night that turned very evil later on. G and I went out to dinner with our $100 gift card in hand, prepared to make this meal awesome. We each had our own 3 course meal. I had mussels in a garlic and white wine sauce for my appetizer, shrimp oreganata over angel hair pasta for dinner, and their dessert special, zeppole (see picture).

Everything was so good, I didn't even have left overs. I had prepared that day by not eating too much. I had an egg sandwich, a chai, and a Special K bar (if you have not discovered the joys of Special K chocolatey pretzel bars, then you are missing out in life my friend). After the meal I did not feel my usual roll me home, I'm so over indulgent and fat self. I felt ok. We got home, went to bed and I was happy.

Until 2am rolls around and I get heartburn like I've never had before... literally. I've never had heartburn before. Heartburn and indigestion. Four tums, two swings of pepto, and an hour later I was finally able to get back to sleep. First of all, I am just grateful we even had those things in the house. And for the husband who woke up to go get them for me. And for Benny who slept on his doggie bed while I tossed and turned.

Is this what adulthood is like? Feeling like your heart and esophagus are fighting to break free by using a flame thrower to make their way out? Because if so, I'm ready to go back to the days of high school where I could eat whatever I wanted and my metabolism and young body took care of the rest. The good thing about adulthood though? Getting a giant bowl of zeppole (note that one zeppole is called zeppola! Thanks wikipedia!) for dessert and no one saying, haven't you had enough sugar? Except maybe my husband, with his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment