Monday, September 27, 2010

Married Life


So it's official. I am a married lady. The wedding day was a dream come true. Everyone worked so hard to make it go well. Of course, the day before the wedding we get to the site where the tent the reception was to be under was and it was crushed under basically a tree. When would a tornado touch down in NYC/LI? Two nights before my wedding. Well at least it wasn't the night before. The tent guy sent out his crew and they worked all day to fix the tent. Then when they put down white table clothes instead of burgundy, they came back in the night to change them out after having to find another company who had them. But the day of the wedding could not have been more perfect. Were there hiccups? Of course. Did I let them bother me? Not in the least.

Wedding highlights:
Hair salon was fun and I sang oldies.
We were so efficient in getting ready everything felt relaxed.
The babies all walked down the aisle the way they were supposed to (under the promise of Uncle Gordon holding pennies for them)
The weather was OUTSTANDING, so perfect.
The sun came out at the end of the ceremony and shined on us (Thanks Dads!)
The cable connecting the mixing board to the speakers went missing for about and hour plus but my new BroInLaw came to the rescue and found it (though he may have been the one who lost it the first time). This meant no cocktail hour music and we couldn't walk into the ceremony til it was found
Our first dance went well and I smiled like a loon
The cake started sinking so we had to cut it early
The dancing didn't really start until Britney's Gimme More came on.
The food went over great.
Candied bacon
My sisters and I recreated a pictures where they all held me up from like 8 years ago
We never stopped smiling
After everyone left and we were almost about to leave, I called Gordon my husband and then burst into tears. It was the first time I let tears really fall that day.

It was a perfect. It was smooth. Every little thing that Gordon and I (and definitely Beanie) worked so hard to make sure was right, was. It was my dream come true and I think we looked great making it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment