Monday, September 27, 2010

Honeymoon

Monday we jetted off on JetBlue to Aruba to enjoy the sun, sand, and surf. Well we got the sand and kind of surf (the water was quite calm. Sun? Not so much. We got sun the day we got there and the day we left, but it was pretty much overcast or raining during the week. The hotel was quite nice, the food was great, the drinks we're delicious. We definitely enjoyed ourselves. The sand was super soft and the water was beautiful. It was turquoise and a great temperature. Tuesday however, I decided to try pineapple and yogurt and I can only assume that this was culprit in what made me throw up the rest of the day. Not exactly what I was thinking was going to happen on my fantasy honeymoon, but my HUSBAND held my hair back (what little I had, I cut it off the day after the wedding. New lady, new look.) and he bought me saltines and ginger ale. We slept in the afternoon and watched HGTV and Food Network. Yes, we were on our honeymoon but we're still us. And we love tv and sleep.

We also spent a lot time on the beach and in the pool. There weren't a lot of people there so nothing was super crowded, which was right up my alley. We went into town but it was mostly a tourist trap full of jewelry stores and then we got stuck in a downpour and had to walk through roads that were flooded, so that wasn't a ton of fun, but taking a bath in the hotel was nice. But no matter what, when I was with my new husband I just smiled and relaxed.

Right now I am happy to be home. Our home. Full of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment