Monday, October 7, 2013

Next steps

I have been terrible about blogging for a good long while.  Mostly because very few people actually read it. So much is going on lately between work, weddings, Red Cross, house stuff. I am mostly exhausted.  Some of the stuff keeping me busy is fun, such as outlet shopping, book club, movies, a good friend's wedding. Some of it is for work like college fairs and learning how to run a Red Cross shelter with the club I advise. Some of it is just running around.

I am feeling kind of selfish because I was really looking forward to some days off this weekend, but (talk about the last minute), the coordinator for our region of the Red Cross youth organization says we can do shelter training this Sunday. Nothing like waking up super early after a wedding in New Jersey the day before.

There are definitely worse things in the world than being booked up with happy things. I could be booked with sad things, bad things.

Just thinking about this week makes me sleepy. It is very nice to have at least one room in my house that I enjoy and spend most of my waking time in. Next step (pun intended) is getting our stairs done.

I think I wanted to have a halloween party, but I think I am overwhelming myself. Instead I will enjoy the gatherings my friends are having and continue to ignore my messy house.

1 comment: